How Aardvark Language Services Ltd (“we”) use your information
This policy sets out how we collect, process and hold your personal data if you visit our website, or provide personal data to us in other ways (e.g. through the website, by email, over the telephone or in the post).
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect personal data to enable us to:
- deliver services that you request or purchase;
- deal with any questions or complaints you make;
- conduct reasonable, limited administrative activities directly associated with the services we offer/provide;
- inform you of services which may be of interest to you.
When required, we may also ask you for your explicit consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
We may use your personal information to send you details of our services. You can choose to be removed from this distribution at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link on a relevant email. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such emails from us.
What data do we hold about you (and how do we get it)?
We collect information in a number of ways:
- We collect data directly from you, such as when you complete our online contact form, email us or phone us directly;
- We may occasionally collect data from your colleagues or from other staff within your organisation – for instance if they provide your contact details to enable us to contact you directly for the purpose of a requested service provision or marketing;
- Where we establish contact with (potential) suppliers, we collect data only from membership lists which you have explicitly subscribed to and which we are authorised to use.
The information we hold about you tends to be restricted to your name and (work) email address.
For how long do we hold your data?
We retain your data depending on the type of information in question. For instance:
- if you are one of our (potential) suppliers, we will process your data and retain personal information indefinitely on the basis of your legitimate interests, i.e. for the purpose of maintaining a business relationship with you and providing you with work;
- if you are a (potential) client, we will process your data and retain personal information indefinitely on the basis of your legitimate interests, i.e. to facilitate future commercial dealings and to fulfil any future contractual obligations to you;
- we hold data (which may include personal information) contained within original documents submitted to us for the purpose of translation, together with any foreign-language versions, indefinitely on the following bases:
- legitimate interests – to enable us to offer clients reduced prices through the use of industry-standard Translation Memory software;
- legal obligation – to enable us to defend any potential legal challenge which arises from services we have provided to you.
How do we store your data and keep it safe?
Your personal information is never shared outside Aardvark Language Services Ltd without your permission, except as explained in this notice. Inside Aardvark Language Services Ltd, data is stored in password-controlled environments with limited access.
We take appropriate measures to help safeguard your personal data.
All data is stored on password-protected computers and in some cases in password-protected files. Data is stored on the computer’s hard drive and also in cloud services with a minimum of 128-bit AES security (such as Dropbox and Google Drive).
Who do we share your information with?
We never sell or rent your personal information. We will share details only with the parties required for the delivery of the service you have requested. We will not share your information with other third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information please contact us.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact us.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact email@example.com.
Updated: May 2018